COVID-19 Update: JobNet is offering virtual services.
Need to update your resume or practice for a virtual interview?
Want to update your computer skills?
JobNet is ready and waiting to help you make progress on your job search through phone and online services. You can:
- Work on your resume, practice for interviews, or discuss job search strategies with a coach.
- Attend a workshop or computer training. Click here for our current schedule.
- Set goals and make a plan to achieve them with our Success Coach.
- Make an appointment to use our computer lab for job search and skills improvement.
To get started, contact email@example.com to register for services and schedule a phone or online orientation. You can also leave a voice message at 713-626-8320, and we will call you back. Please share this flyer with anyone who may be interested in our services.
CCSC also has a new vocational training program for Non-Medical Professional Home Caregivers. This FREE 50+ hour program will prepare you to work for yourself or an agency. For more information, please click here.
As you might guess from its name, JobNet is CCSC’s program designed to help job seekers find work. JobNet focuses on the needs of unemployed and underemployed persons who often have significant barriers to a traditional job search (limited computer skills, limited experience, limited education, etc.).
JobNet offers a variety of skill-building services and access to the tools required for searching for and obtaining gainful and lasting employment. One of the strongest features of our program is its small, supportive environment. Clients are guided by our skilled volunteers and many practical resources. This encouraging atmosphere helps each participant navigate the current job market and manage the ups and downs of searching for employment. At JobNet, individuals are trained in personal management, business etiquette, interview and communication skills, computer literacy, resume development, and much more!
COACHES offer one-to-one consultation to job seekers, help develop individualized job search strategies, set goals, create resumes, practice interview skills, explore career options and offer encouragement. In this process, we often see great transformations and “Ah-Ha” moments.
COMPUTER TRAINING is essential in a job search, and our facility offers several options to acquire and improve computer skills:
• Workplace Computing – Instructor-led courses include Basics Courses in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Self-paced Computer Training and Keyboarding – Clients work at their own pace. Instructors are available to answer questions and provide individualized support for basic computer training.
• Computer Tutor – One hour individual session with a computer coach.
SUCCESS COACH offers one-to-one coaching and support to help job seekers grow personally and professionally and juggle the demands of life during a job search. Participants partner with the success coach to identify and achieve specific goals for a brighter future. This coach aims to meet three or more times with clients to define, refine and follow-up with goals.
BARRIER BUSTERS To address the hurdles faced by some of our clients, JobNet has additional offerings:
• Computer lab with internet access, typing & Microsoft tutorials
• Business Phones
• Laser Printers
• Copy Machine
• Fax Machine
• Document Scanner
• Resume Paper
• Personal Business Cards
How To Get Started
THE FIRST STEP IS TO ATTEND A NEW CLIENT ORIENTATION:
3224 Mercer 77027
Mondays and Wednesdays
9:45 AM – 11:00 AM
JobNet Quick Guide
JobNet is a resource center that supports clients in search of employment. This volunteer opportunity is wonderful for more independent volunteers who are excited about guiding and empowering unemployed and underemployed job-seekers, or who excel in an office environment.
• Office Assistant – Offers administrative support, helps oversee daily operations and assists clients with general needs.
• Job Coach – Assists individual clients one-on-one with their job search, while providing encouragement and guidance.
• Workshop Facilitator – Conducts one or two 60-90 minute workshops monthly.
• Computer Instructor – Teaches two 3-hour classes a month on the basics of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Excel.
• Computer Lab Assistant – Helps clients with online applications, attaching resumes to emails, and getting started with tutorials in Typing and Microsoft Office.
• Computer Tutor – Works one on one with clients to address computer questions.
Mon – Wed 9:00-3:00