As you might guess from its name, JobNet is CCSC’s program designed to help job seekers find work. JobNet focuses on the needs of unemployed and underemployed persons who often have significant barriers to a traditional job search (limited computer skills, limited experience, limited education, etc.).
JobNet offers a variety of skill-building services and access to the tools required for searching for and obtaining gainful and lasting employment. One of the strongest features of our program is its small, supportive environment. Clients are guided by our skilled volunteers and many practical resources. This encouraging atmosphere helps each participant navigate the current job market and manage the ups and downs of searching for employment. At JobNet, individuals are trained in personal management, business etiquette, interview and communication skills, computer literacy, resume development, and much more!
CLIENT SERVICES CONNECTOR offers one-to-one success coaching and goal setting, coordination with other social service agencies to provide total client care including life skills and financial education workshops to empower clients.
COACHES offer one-to-one consultation to job seekers, help develop individualized job search strategies, set goals, create resumes, practice interview skills, and offer encouragement. In this process, we often see great transformations and “Ah-Ha” moments.
COMPUTER TRAINING is essential in a job search, and our facility offers several technical classes:
• Workplace Computing – Instructor-led courses include Basics Courses in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Self-paced Computer Training and Keyboarding – Clients work at their own pace. Instructors are available to answer questions and provide individualized support for basic computer training.
• Computer Tutor – One hour individual session with a computer coach.
BARRIER BUSTERS To address the hurdles faced by some of our clients, JobNet has additional offerings:
• Computer lab with internet access, typing & Microsoft tutorials
• Sunshine Resale Shop Vouchers for interview clothing
• Business Phones
• Laser Printers
• Copy Machine
• Fax Machine
• Document Scanner
• Resume Paper
• Personal Business Cards
JOB LEADS are posted in the JobNet facility for clients to access!
How To Get Started
THE FIRST STEP IS TO ATTEND A NEW CLIENT ORIENTATION:
3224 Mercer 77027
Mondays and Wednesdays
9:45 AM – 11:00 AM
JobNet is a resource center that supports clients in search of employment. This volunteer opportunity is wonderful for more independent volunteers who are excited about guiding and empowering unemployed and underemployed job-seekers, or who excel in an office environment.
• Office Assistant – Offers administrative support, helps oversee daily operations and assists clients with general needs.
• Job Coach – Assists individual clients one-on-one with their job search, while providing encouragement and guidance.
• Workshop Facilitator – Conduct one or two 60-90 minute workshops monthly.
• Computer Instructor – Teach two 3-hour classes a month on the basics of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Excel.
• Computer Lab Assistant – Help clients with online applications, attaching resumes to emails, and getting started with tutorials in Typing and Microsoft Office.
• Computer Tutor – Work one on one with clients to address computer questions.
Mon – Wed 9:00-3:00